<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, February 09, 2004

This weekend, I:

--went out to eat for the first time in five weeks. And then I did it three more times the next day.

--attended two concerts (my dear friend Jackie was in town with her musical group Anonymous 4 to play Town Hall, which was the source of much of my acivities, and much of my joy).

--bought ripe-to-the-moment fruit at Sosio's, my favorite fruit and veg. stand in the Market, where i hadn't been in more than two months.

--lifted up Elliott without any pain in my back.

--spent much more time out of the bed than in.

--drove for the first time in eight weeks, the first time since the accident, just now, when I drove once-Andy's, now-my Honda Accord home to Queen Anne and parked it in front of my house. I have a car again. I have the leg strength to work the clutch. I'm not pinned to the bus or relying on my parents to drive me around.

This weekend, I feel like I gained my life back again. The worst of it is over. I'm still in pain--I have had an eight-week-long headache, for example. And I was knackered today, after all that unexpected activity. But I'm farther along the road of recovery. And there's a bounce in my step that I haven't felt in months.

Much love,
Shauna

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?